Our focus is upon process and understanding as students develop their own aesthetic, learn specific techniques and disciplines, learn to plan and envision, and engage in the historical context, theoretical framework, and critical understanding that enrich their art.
- There is a 2 year Arts requirement, but most students take 4 years
- Arts classes are scheduled as part of the regular school day, not before or after school
- Branson supports excellent facilities for the arts including a 320 seat theater with up to date sound and lighting systems, a spacious dance studio with changing rooms, a drawing and painting studio, sculpture studio, digital media lab and dark room for visual art, and 7 well equipped studios for music, including the 1200’ Maxwell Hall.
We are dedicated to building a community of artists and encouraging interdisciplinary projects.
- Spring 2015 dance concert featured live student musicians
- Our musicals combine students and teachers from theater, music, dance and visual art.
- FAB (The yearly Festival of Art at Branson) is a 2-day, school-wide celebration of all the arts at Branson.
- Students critique their own and others’ work during and after projects in a supportive and collegial process.
The Branson Arts Faculty is comprised of dedicated teachers who are also practicing professional artists, musicians, directors, and designers with regional, national, and international reputations.