The Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) is a representative body of student-athletes in the 9-12 grades at Branson. The mission of the council focuses on three areas:
- The Student-Athlete Advisory Council is the official representation and advocate for the student-athlete population to the faculty, staff and administration.
- Student-athletes are invited to solicit the assistance of SAAC when confronted with academic/athletic/performance conflicts
- SAAC may mediate disagreements between student-athletes and teachers/coaches
- SAAC provides suggestions on how to successfully navigate Branson as an athlete
- The Student-Athlete Advisory Council encourages athletic participation and support from the student community.
- SAAC sponsors a program each season (fall, winter, spring) in an effort to raise awareness about all sports to the school community
- SAAC makes recommendations to fans for appropriate behavior at athletic contests
- SAAC investigates ways to communicate athletic news to the school community
- The Student-Athlete Advisory Council partners with the Athletic Department to provide student-athletes with the best athletic experience possible.
- SAAC provides suggestions to the Athletic Department on improvements that can be made to the student-athlete experience at Branson
- The Athletic Department consults with SAAC when changes are made that will affect the student-athlete experience
Membership & Meetings
- Meetings are held every first Thursday of the month during lunch.
- Council members that miss more than two meetings per athletic season can be dismissed from the council.
- Council members from each class are selected by department based on their application and recommendation from a teacher or coach.